Saturday, August 25, 2012

Farmer's Market

On Saturdays, I wake up at 6. A. M.  I know -- gasp, shock, horror.

However, I do this happily because I work at a local farmer's market.  The market is in the historic city of Worthington, a northern suburb of Columbus.  Nearly a hundred vendors of produce, meat, baked goods, cheese and flowers line each side of High Street from 8 am to noon.  I work half the year for a landscaper who sells herbs and flowers, and the other half for a family who sell some serious fruit -- apples, peaches, plums, pears, nectarines, apricots.... (I could go on and on).

I'm sure I'll talk about the farmer's market and all it's accompanying awesomeness (and drama) a lot on this blog, but I just wanted to let you all know that today, I saw something like this walking down the sidewalk toward our stand:

image via here
His name was Hamilton.

And with that, I'm off to enjoy my Saturday.  You do the same!

-- Sammie

No comments:

Post a Comment